auto connect with mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

xotix

Daemon Poster
ok so my friend is using mac os9.2 and wants netscape 4.2 and internet explorer 5.0 for macs to connect to the internet via dialup automatically.

as in:
when she uses netscape to send/receive mail, it automatically dialsup to the net.
and when she uses internet explorer she automatically connects to the internet as she opens the browser.

is there a way to do this??

i'm not sure about settings of IE on MAC. you can though ask mac_moghul for a precise reply.

though in IE, you can go to tools > internet options > connections tab.

and select there, "always dial my default connection" or "dial when network is not present" assuming she do not connects to internet via network as well.

this is based on assumption that the base looks same for both win and macs for IE.

i'm not on netscape, or i wuld have helped u better, but at least can tell you that there are settings (talking about outlook) that you can adjust again selecting never dial to internet / connection if machine isnt on-line.

i think you have to go to edit > preferences in netscape.

as if someone is using Netscape Collabra or similar, he can be able to assist u in Netscape more. but i have given u general idea. though u can try that on IE and afterwards on NS as well

yea tried that at first, nothing. the version for mac is totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom