Australia Vs USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nethen

Beta member
I have been postponing buying a sony laptop for abtÂ… donnoÂ…

Every time I make a decision to buy [also have money :) ] a newer version comes up.. had decided to go in for V505 now comes Z1 series.. and man is she hot !!! But 3999 $AUD is way too expensive. Way around to buy this babyÂ…

I know that in US it is much more cheaperÂ… infact IÂ’ll be saving 1300$AUD if I buy it there

OK deduct 80 for shipping and insurance, 270 for 10% GST even then IÂ’ll be saving about 950 minimum. Then I think for the price of V505 I get the top of the range Z1 series (PCG-Z1VA) which is not even realised in Australia.

What I donÂ’t get is an international warranty not even for one yearÂ….
SoÂ… is it all worth??? having no international warranty ??

nethen said:
I have been postponing buying a sony laptop for abtÂ… donnoÂ…

Every time I make a decision to buy [also have money :) ] a newer version comes up.. had decided to go in for V505 now comes Z1 series.. and man is she hot !!! But 3999 $AUD is way too expensive. Way around to buy this babyÂ…

I know that in US it is much more cheaperÂ… infact IÂ’ll be saving 1300$AUD if I buy it there

OK deduct 80 for shipping and insurance, 270 for 10% GST even then IÂ’ll be saving about 950 minimum. Then I think for the price of V505 I get the top of the range Z1 series (PCG-Z1VA) which is not even realised in Australia.

What I donÂ’t get is an international warranty not even for one yearÂ….
SoÂ… is it all worth??? having no international warranty ??

Why not have someone in the US buy it for you ? Pay them like $100 and if anything ever happens send it to them and have them return it? I know it would be hard to trust someone but there are trustful people in this world.

Is warrantee really important with you? It's nothing with me. If I were you, I would buy your baby immediately :)

Thanks guys, I got a mate in US, she said she is goin to ship it for me.. goin to buy it from bestbuy.com..

She has enquired with Fedex, n there are no worries shipping down under. Also IÂ’m getting it as a gift, might have a chance of sneaking from customs.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom