Audio & video don't sync when capturing video from sont camcorder, using 1394 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
i am having trouble capturing video from my Sony DCR-TRV140 camcorder. i have been able to capture video but the audio doesn't sync up correctly with the video when i play it back on my computer.

i am using a 1394 cable (i used to use a usb but the quality of the video is SOOOO much better with the 1394), and have tried capturing with several programs, like movie movie maker and power director 6, same results for both of those programs. i have also tried capturing with adobe premiere pro 2 but it won't even recognize my camcorder. i was wondering if 1394 has drivers like usb, and if i could try updating them?

i never had a problem in the past until recently. also, i used to use a program that when i captured video, i could set in and out points so that i can manually create clips as i am capturing the video, but i cannot remember which program it was... any ideas?

i posted this on a video editing forum, but have not had any help there.

so basically 3 questions:

what is going on with the audio not syncing up with the video?
why isn't adobe premiere pro seeing my camcorder?
does 1394 have drivers, and if so, where can i update them?
what program lets me capture video while creating in and out points to manually create clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom