audio stutter server 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Geez louise, I can't seem to get away from the audio troubles in this OS. I switched out sound cards to an Edirol UA-25. Changed the registry for system responsiveness to 20 like it said in the convert to workstation tutorial and it happens after about 10mins of constant music. If I restart windows it doesn't happen but eventually will. Anyone have another fix before I run head first into a 18 wheeler

Hello,

This is one of the things that happens when you try to run a Server OS as a desktop OS. Are teh drivers you are using for Vista? Do they work with no bugs that you know of? If they have bugs in Vista they will have bugs in Server 08. That is about all that can be said.

Cheers,
Mak

yes they are for Vista 64. I really don't want to go back to Vista but if I must then I must. Looks like another clean install is in my future. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid by getting an new audio interface.

I actually had to try to recover the data from a computer that fell off the back of a trailer while going down the highway.... the tower hit a semi coming the opposite direction.... managed to recover his "my documents" folder and a few programs before the drive gave it's last spin :)

I could only imagine what he said "Hey my computer got hit my a semi can you recover some data for me?"

Edit: <Removed> this **** I'm going back to Vista 64 and dual boot w/ XP when I bench. Problem solved. Server can kiss my ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom