Audio Ports No Longer Work

Davinachi

Beta member
Hey everyone. So everything was working fine Friday, but Friday night I updated my OS and now my audio ports are messed up. I have a HP Pavilion G7 laptop. The speakers still work, but the audio jacks are not working with any headphones at all. I have already attempted updating, uninstalling, and disabling my audio drivers and that didn't work at all. I also attempted to go back to a system restore, but that even keeps giving me an error every time I try. It tells me that possibly my anti virus is interfering but I disabled that as well with no luck. I went into Event Viewer and even under my audio devices, it shows that there was an error and I have no idea how to correct it. It says the following:

Event 441 Kernel-PnP

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{caa2599b-a883-4b32-b4b1-9d6b91a9fa7e} could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{08c3a461-5c15-41ec-bc24-ad914558abef}
Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
Present: true

I have no idea what to do now besides reinstalling the OS but I don't even think I have the original disk to reinstall windows.

Any ideas?

Is this onboard, or is this on case?

If its on board, then try the ones that are forward on case.
If its on the case, then try opening up your case, following the cord, unplugging then cleaning with canned air and reseeding in to same slot.

if this does not work let me know

Is this onboard, or is this on case?

If its on board, then try the ones that are forward on case.
If its on the case, then try opening up your case, following the cord, unplugging then cleaning with canned air and reseeding in to same slot.

if this does not work let me know

Sorry, I should have added some more details as well. This is on a laptop, but it is onboard. This is on Windows 10 as well, but I was able to fix it!

I got windows to finally reverse its last update and that did the trick. Something about the new update messes with those ports. Very odd but its good now!

Mm well please tell me your audio card, and also which update it caused problems

The only information I can get on my sound card is IDT High Definition audio CODEC or Intel(R) Display Audio.

The update that is causing the problem is Windows 10 Version 1703.

I may attempt to update again and see if it was just a random error since now I know how to properly go back to a previous version.

Back
Top Bottom