Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniSasquatch

Beta member
Hopefully im posting this in the right area.
Ok a few weeks ago my computer developed a problem. I can paly many types of media files in a media player and get sound and vision, but i cant hear my computers sound scheme and i cant hear any sounds online. (like in video streams, flash movies and the like)
Iv'e checked over all of the obvious things like turned-down volume and internet settings. My computer is also reporting that all of my devices are working fine. What the **** is going on? ^__^;
I run:
Windows XP home edition. (with current updates.)
Firefox ( sounds wouldnt play in MSN/IE either )
My sound device is Intel integrated audio.
And my computer is a HP Pavilion.

Any help you can offer would be much appriciated friends.

i was going crazy about it so i tried something drastic... and it worked! *now i feel like an *** for asking a question and then fixing it my self*
I ended up using "system restore" and rolling everything back about two months... the only thing that has really changed is that i started getting the XP hotfixes and updates... something must have gone wrong there.
(at least if anyone else has this issue, we now have some idea.)

Thank you all so sweetly and truely... sorry to be a mush head.:freak:

Nah it's ok, we here at TF are also on a learning curve so we benefit from users like you. Not many people will post how they fix the problem or if they fix it at all leaving us wondering if we helped them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom