audio drivers, and crashing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

propatria

Beta member
I have had so much trouble with my pc over the last couple of days... first, yesterday my computer was running slow, so i decided to run system restore, while in the middle of system restore, everythings locks up (baaaaaad) so I hold the power button for about 6 seconds, and everything shuts off like it should... okay, so i go to turn it back on, it runs POST, and all that jazz, then it goes to the windows loading screen, and then restarts the pc, after while, i decide to change some things out (power supplys, and hdd's exc..) without luck. so today I take my pc to the local computer store to have them run a diagnostic on my mobo, and harddrive... to make a long story short, it was my hard drive, but I was in luck, because i had just bought 2 maxtor 160gbs for my new pc that im building. btw, my hard drive is still at the shop getting checked out (trying to see if they can get my ghosts off my drive) so i get home, and start putting one of my 160 gbs in, and continue to format, and install windows xp (sucess! or is it?) so i fire up XP, only to realize that I dont have any sound drivers on my computer... so i take to the web! I find this driver AC97 and install it, restart my pc, and wait for it to load... as soon as it loads, i get a little balloon saying that it found new hardware... YAY!!! wrong. as soon as it fins my driver/hardware, the system reboots.... so there, there is my stumper... any help is great, catch me on aim if you would :)

boot to safe mode, right click my computer, click properties, click advanced tab, click settings tab for startup and recovery, Under System failure uncheck auto restart, click ok, click ok, reboot.

post any errors.

you could disable the device in safe mode to be sure its the audio crashing the pc.

Myself, I think you have some corrupted drivers on your system. The only real option would be to reformat and try again and if it happens again, get a new sound card, then you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom