Attach Video files in Word (doc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

small-technolog

Beta member
I see people sending video files (mpg,wmv) pastet in word documents..
I tried it but did not work .....heres how i did it

Start >run >Packager
In Packager I Import the file then copy it..
In Word i go Edit >Past > the file then i save the word document..
Ok when i email the word document to my friend he opens the attachment (Word Document) when he double clicks the video file icon he gets an error message saying " Locate the File" which means that the file (video clip) was not loaded into the word document.

Can someone show/Tell me the correct way? what am i missing??

Thankyou

Insert a movie Help
Assistance > Word 2003 > Word and the Web > Movies and Sounds

Show All
Hide All
To insert a movie into a Microsoft Word document, you must have a movie program such as Media Player — a Microsoft Windows accessory that lets you play audio, video, or animation files — and a sound card installed on your computer.

Click where you want to insert a movie.
Do one of the following:
Insert a movie of your own

On the Insert menu, click Object, and then click the Create from File tab.
Click Browse, and locate the movie you want to insert.
To insert the movie as a linked object (linked object: An object that is created in a source file and inserted into a destination file, while maintaining a connection between the two files. The linked object in the destination file can be updated when the source file is updated.), select the Link to file check box.
To display the movie as an icon, select the Display as icon check box.
Note To play a movie, double-click its icon.

Insert a movie from Clip Organizer

On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click Clip Art.
At the bottom of the Insert Clip Art task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.), click Organize Clips.
If you're running Clip Organizer for the first time, click Now to let Clip Organizer import your media clips. If you need assistance importing or organizing files, click Clip Organizer Help on the Help menu in Clip Organizer.

Note To play a movie, double-click its icon.

Add a movie to a Web page

On the Web Tools toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click Movie .
In the Movie box, type the path or Web address (address: The path to an object, document, file, page, or other destination. An address can be a URL (Web address) or a UNC path (network address), and can include a specific location within a file, such as a Word bookmark or an Excel cell range.) of the movie file you want, or click Browse to locate the file.
In the Alternate image box, enter the path or Web address of the graphics file that you want to designate as a substitute when the user's browser doesn't support movies or when the user turns off the display of movies.
In the Alternate text box, enter the alternate text (alternative text: Used by Web browsers to display text during image downloads for users who have graphics turned off and for users who rely on screen-reading software to convert graphics on the screen to spoken words.) that you want to appear in place of the movie or alternate image.
In the Start list, do one of the following:
Click Open if you want to play the movie when the user downloads the Web page.
Click Mouse-over if you want to play the movie when the user moves the mouse pointer over it.
Click Both if you want to play the movie in either scenario.
In the Loop box, enter the number of times you want the movie to repeat.
Note To review the movie while you are authoring the Web page, right-click the image representing the movie, and then click Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom