ATI Radeon 4300 Sound Issue

Chriss

Beta member
Hello, i am a new member so have patience.
When my father died, i got his computer. He used to use his computer on a '42 TV with HDMI image and sound, but when i got his computer i brought it to my room and i'm using it on my monitor, but now it has simply no sound. I tried to connect it on different speakers and headphones but it still didn't work.
I deduced that the sound problem came from the ATI Radeon 4300 i searched A LOT but still couldn't find any answer to my problem.
I've tried to download a bunch of different drivers but all of them still tried to use the HDMI sound
In HwInfo it says:
Audio Adapter: ATI/AMD RV730 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Controller Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA38&SUBSYS_AA381002&REV_00
High Definition Audio Codec: ATi Radeon HDMI

Audio Codec Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_1002AA01

plus the driver info

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 32-bit
Motherboard: Intel DG31PR
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Video: ATI HD Radeon 4300 series
2 GB RAM

If i didn't show some important stuff just let me know and i'll post it

Check in the device manager to see if the onboard sound card is disabled. Also check in the control panel under sound and make sure that the default sound device is not the ATi card but the onboard card.

My computer's language is portuguese but i will post some screenshots showing my device manager and my "Sounds" and i will try to translate the important stuff.
On the Device manager screen:

Sound, video and games controller:
High Definition Audio device.

On the Sounds screen:
Digital Audio (HDMI)
High definition audio device
Not Connected

Attachments

• gerenc. dispos..jpg
    gerenc. dispos..jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3
  • som.jpg
    som.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
It looks like you only have options for audio through the video card on that machine. You could easily buy a cheap sound card and install it on the machine for use.

Back
Top Bottom