Ati 4850 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartimaeus

Beta member
Hey!

So I've been trying to install new drivers for my Radeon 4850, without any success. This is basically what happens, I uninstall the current drivers, reboot the computer to install the new drivers. But a couple of seconds after I've logged in I get a blue screen, it flashes by so fast that I can't read it though. So I thought no problem I'll start it in Fail Safe mode and install. No blue screen appears in fail safe mode. However, halfway through the install it says something like 'Operating system not supported' Or something like that. Even though I'm installing the Xp 32 bit drivers, and my OS is Windows XP 32bit Sp3. Would love some help :).

Rig:
Graphic Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD4850 512mb
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-M56SLI-S4
Processor: Amd 6400+ X2 3,2ghz

If you need any more info about my computer, just tell me :).

Edit: I currently have catalyst 8.7 drivers, I've tried installing both 8.8 and 8.9 with the same results.

Are the drivers you are trying to install supported by SP3? Check your manf. website for the absolute latest drivers.

Obviously a driver conflict with the system, but if you want to read that BSoD message boot in safe mode. Right click my computer, go to properties, then go to advanced tab and click starup and recover, then uncheck the automatic restart box.

Are the drivers you are trying to install supported by SP3? Check your manf. website for the absolute latest drivers.

Obviously a driver conflict with the system, but if you want to read that BSoD message boot in safe mode. Right click my computer, go to properties, then go to advanced tab and click starup and recover, then uncheck the automatic restart box.

Well at gigabytes website, catalyst ver 8.5 is the only one downloadable and it says 'GIGABYTE internal lab testing only guarantees drivers. Please log on to NVIDIA and ATI website for other OS's graphics card drivers.' I assume that it means that 8.5 is the only driver ver tested by them that is guaranteed to work.. Or?

Edit: If you meant manufacturers website = ati, then yeah that's the place I've been trying to download the drivers from.. And my OS is supported..

Yes I mean ATI's website. Try the catalyst driver to see if you are still getting the BSoD - at least to verify that it is the driver and not a hardware failure.

Use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove the drivers. It sounds like that when you are removing the old drivers it is creating a conflict which is causing Windows to crash. Removing the drivers with DCP should force Windows to install generic drivers upon the next boot.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Yes I mean ATI's website. Try the catalyst driver to see if you are still getting the BSoD - at least to verify that it is the driver and not a hardware failure.

As I said, that is were I'm downloading the drivers from and getting blue screen.

Use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove the drivers. It sounds like that when you are removing the old drivers it is creating a conflict which is causing Windows to crash. Removing the drivers with DCP should force Windows to install generic drivers upon the next boot.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

I think that I tried with Driver Cleaner Pro and still got blue screen.. And oh I forgot to say that when I try to uninstall through Add/Remove Programs it aborts in the middle of the uninstall process saying that something went wrong. That's when I'm uninstalling ATI drivers. I'll give driver cleaner pro another try.

try booting in vga mode and uninstall the driver via device manger. use system restore as a last resort

try booting in vga mode and uninstall the driver via device manger. use system restore as a last resort

I did that, it worked to uninstall the driver but it still says that the drivers aren't for my operating system or something like that. And I've tried drivers for all operating systems :S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom