Arrrrg......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
Well.....I reformatted my mom's HP Presario SR1303WM....And while I was installing windows.....The cd key for windows on the little sticker thats on the case of the computer......Well long story short, the windows xp home installation just out of nowhere decided that it disliked the windows xp home cd key that came with the computer. Idk why, maybe the cd key ruined the installation's marriage. The installation seen the cd key and was like: "No, I refuse to work with it even if it means that I will never be fully installed and working." All because for some random reason it is willing to sacrafice working just to avoid the cd key. I'm trying to decide what I should do. I was thinking about calling cusomer support and going wtf is up, but I decided to come here first. Maybe there is an iso file that makes some special HP install cd that is willing to accept the cd key for what it is, and not randomly reject it? I get $25 if I get this damned thing to work and I don't feel like buying a brand new version of the same operating system just for a new cd key when this cd key should work. Any suggestions? All help welcome.

this will be the faster 25$ you will ever make, call MS up and tell them you had to reformat and they will take care of you

might not even be $25.

Cable phone companies like Vonage rule the world, and everybody has something like it.

Either way, you gotta get "geeky" with MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom