ARRGH! Windows update aka wuauclt.exe! Leave me in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoWZ

In Runtime
This crap will not close and i do not know how to close it. (windows update auto) I turned it off from settings, because it just showed 0% downloaded for half an hour, i noticed my connection was slow-er (56k) so i checked what info was coming to my pc and i notice i was recieving bytes when i wasnt using the web, so i pressed ctrl + alt + delete and i noticed that wuauclt.exe was running.(I think it's windows update, correct me if im wrong), so i really need help please closing this thing because it just keeps coming back!:angry:
Edit: page done loading but still recieving bytes -wat the..-

OmG, i run with windows xp, wtf is a winme process doing on my pc???
I disabled win update from control panel but it keeps on runing in the backround, is there a way to stop it running totally?

It was probably grandfathered.. try
Start > Right Click on My Computer > Choose Manage > Services (or Services and Applications) > Find the Windows Update service and disable it, then reboot.

Cheers!

Nope, it didn't work, i done system restore to put it back when it was fine but it seems that info is still coming to my pc from somewher, i'm suspecting it might be a virus or something, any ideas on what else it could be???
Edit: i blocked a program called geniric host proccess for win 32 sevices using zonealarm and it seems to be that the bytes have stopped coming in, is the program needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom