arranging my startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I wanted to know how to arrange my startup (i dont know what you call it)

when i hit the famous starup, you get the
All programs, now if i leave my mouse on that for a moment, i get the list of files and folders
what is that called, and at the moment it is all a mess
how can i rearrange it in something less confusing
e.g. i would like to groups all the games in a folder called games.

So, what you are trying to do is simplify your start menu. (startup is something else)

Create folders and put the icons in the folders..

Very simple, just right click on your Start Button > Explore All Users

There you will see the "Programs" folder, just double click the folder, and you will see the items in your Start Menu. You can create new folders here and just move the files as you see fit. Once your done, you will instantly see the changes on your Start Menu.

you can also make the start menu, etc to look like old windows (in subfolders, etc), by right clicking the start menu and going into properties...select Classic View....

..it should now look like Win2000

Depending if your are just trying to group similar programs together in the Start Menu you can simply drag and drop the programs in the order you want from top to bottom.

Don't know what OS you are using but it works in
Windows 2000, and XP Home.

thanks dudes
it worked
can you also tell me how to arrange my startup, i.e. the programs that automatically start when i login. i guess they are the programs that also appear in my bottom toolbar.

Hi
I went into the startup using msconfig(the 6th tab) and unchecked this utility which was a gigabyte utility, it is part of the common startup.
this also led to the normal startup being disabled (first tab)

when i restarted the machine, the machine took a bit more time settling down(acceptng user input) after logging in.

is there a way i can remove this item insteadof disabling it, i mean remove it from my normal startup routine, and then have a brand new startup routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom