argh!!!! Urgent Help needed with new PC thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornishconnect

Beta member
Hi All,

I have here a new PC, it's a Acer M3802, for the first hour into a movie or listeining to music it is fine but after an hour or so, the pc slows down, everything becomes all laggy and choppy, also the sound gets distorted.

I did a reformat a month a go and it was fine, if it happens now I have to restart the pc and sometimes wait for the machine to cool down.

Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CORNISHCONNECT
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire M3802
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 2499 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-A1, 31/08/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name CornishConnect\Lawrie M3UHQ
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.44 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.93 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.28 GB
Page File Space 3.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Thanks, Lawrie

What else are you doing with the PC while these things are going? Could be a heat issue, i mean it has been quite hot recently. Could be about a million other things. Cant really help resolve and issue when we dont know anything other than your watching a movie for an hour.

We dont know what software you have installed, we dont know what you have done for the past month with the PC, what kind of protection software you have, what your surfing habits are, what you use the PC for on a daily basis. I could go on but i think you understand. Without knowing some information about the setup we cant help.

I agree with Mak, your not giving us much to go on. My 1st guess would be a Heat Issue. Download HWMonitor and see what your temperatures are and post a screenshot so we can see.

You should also remove the side panel from the PC and blow out all the dust with compressed air. Then with the side panel still off, aim a house fan at the insides and see if the problem is better or worse. If your lucky maybe a cleaning and a couple new fans will fix your problem.

Hi Peeps thanks for the advice, Im just surfing the net ie facebook and checking emails when im watching a movie, should I return the pc as its only 2 months old also things seem better now ive moved the tower and changed from windows media player to media monkey.

Their was no need to be rude<< I can handle this.. I know mostly about software not hardware related stuff. My room is not that airy, im moving in 3 weeks so if the problem is still there i will contact the vendor then. thanks.

He isnt trying to be rude. Dont take offense to simple questions. How are we supposed to know anything about your or your PC knowledge without first asking you? all he did was point to a thread and ask if you could handle building your own PC. I see nothing offensive or wrong with asking that question at all.

You still havent answered pretty much all the things i remarked about.

Surfing Facebook : Which browser? Are you playing games? Cause those are flash heavy and can cause any system to slowdown even without trying to play a movie as well.

Checking email: In a browser or via an application like Outlook or Live Mail?

If your room isnt that "airy" have you tried using a fan to circulate the air a bit more? Maybe this will help the PC stay a bit cooler. Also what are the temps you got from running that program?

Their was no need to be rude<< I can handle this.. I know mostly about software not hardware related stuff. My room is not that airy, im moving in 3 weeks so if the problem is still there i will contact the vendor then. thanks.

Hi m8, I know the problems you have, because I baught exactely the same pc. Like in your situation, my pc started to give problems after 2 mounth and ventually crashed with major bios problems. I had to return the pc to the shop and got it back today. The action they took, was resetting the bios, format harddisk and reinstall the OS. They didn't replace the mohterboard, could be they can't get the same motherboard anymore.
I am very suspicious about their action because the only secure action would be a replacement of the motherboard. That's why I search for simmilar problems on the net.

My advise to you: go back to the shop where you baught the pc, and claim a new one.

Good luck m8 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom