Apps open when not asking them to open

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, I was hoping someone can answer why this happens. When I type in a forum sometimes or something else i enter some text and all of a sudden the calculator will pop up even though i did not ask for that to happen.

Another example as I was typing in this thread, the start, all programs with docs, pics music..etc pops up. Why does this happen and how?

Is there a way to prevent it? Is this a shortcut issue where you type in a few combination of things and they just open on there own?

thx

could be sticky keys from sweet drinks being spilled in the kb or having a third party hot keys software enabled

Nothing sticky spilled on keyboard. How do I tell if 3rd party hot keys software enabled. If this is the problem, is there a way to disable it?

thx

Have you checked your keyboard is plugged in fully and no damage to cable?
Double check your driver - may be out of date, or you switched to win10 and need a new driver?
Try another keyboard - it could be faulty?

The is no default combination of keys you can press one at a time to open a app, unless you have a special shortcut program installed and set a combination (which I do:cool:)

Back
Top Bottom