Applications and privacy

Captaincheese

Beta member
Hey,

I'm new to the forums so enlighten me if I'm doing anything out of the ordinary :)

I'm downloading some driver updater applications off the internet and wondering to the extent which said applications would release the information collected from my computer to 3rd party organisations. This is includes, but not limited to, downloading information, other application data, etc. The data protection act states that such information can be released given that the information is related to "crimes". As I read in the rules, it is frowned upon to mention torrents, but yes, this is in regards to the act.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yea I realise that, however, most applications are quite ambiguous about the information they collect. It's not clear what they are taking from me. For instance I'm looking at the application Advanced Driver Updater and can't figure out if they'd reveal such information.

Well instead of leaving it up to some 3rd party driver updater application, why don't you just update the drivers yourself getting the drivers from the manufacturer's sites and then not have to worry about what information this 3rd party app is giving out? Makes sense....

An what does torrents have to do with this? If your choosing to use a 3rd party program that your pirating, I hope that it infects your PC as well as gives out all your info. Spend the money for the app if you want it that bad. Don't steal from the developers.

Back
Top Bottom