application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005

Hi Guys,

So I have been having this issue with a program crashing and displaying a error message. Also just a note, When the icon to start the application is clicked the program automatically displays the error. So I never actually get into the application. The error message reads "application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005" (0xc0000005 means an access violation memory error occurred)

Now this is odd because the program works on other computers(of all different types)amd64, amd64x2, Intel core2duo, Intel celeron D, and a regular Intel P4 board. All with various different rams and such, leading me to assume this is not a hardware problem.

I have tried to use the built in program error debugger in windows "Dr. Watson" to get a error log. but for some reason the program does write to the file.

If anyone knows of any common problems associated with this error or fixes for it, please let know.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005

Have you reinstalled the Program? Updated any drivers related to it?

A hijackthis log may be a good idea, along with a registry cleaner such as but not limited to regseeker.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005

We just figured it out...I used the olly debugger to find the modules it was accessing....the program was written in borland C++ ...Turns out the program needed a old borland DLL file from 2004 and the Borland DLL file he had was newer...incompatible....replaced it with the old version and it worked fine...

anyways thanks for the reply,
its always nice when someone does:laughing:

take care
Closed Thread