application failed to initialize 0x800106ba

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I keep getting this message and when i have looked on the interweb for help what i am getting told is that i need to unistall Windows defender and then re install it. to unistall windows defender the ms website say go to the add remove programs in the control panelbut it is no where in the control panel. Also when i try to use the installer clean up tool thing it is telling me that i cant have permission to do it!!!! Can somone help me with this problem as it is annoying the **** of me.

the solution to the problem is to go into system config and disable windows defender from starting up. Mc Afee and windows defender are not compatable together and the advice that mc afee give you does not actualy work.

Seriously? McAfee doesnt work work with a program that has been out for over 2 years now? Which is still going to be in Win7. They still cant get their product to work right....

Yeah that would be the instant drop of that product if after 2 years they still cant get it working properly without having to disable a spyware scanner.

I have seen the Mc Afee site and they said it isn't compatable, but I have also read that norton isn't compatable either. But apparently if you have either Mc Afee or Norton on your machine then there is no need to have windows defender.

I would rather have Defender and Avast or AVG Free version over paying anything for Norton or McAfee. They catch less then the free softwares.

But seriously, that is silly. If other anti-virus software developers are able to get their stuff working in Vista/Win7 with leaving defender on that it cant be that tough for Norton/McAffee to do it as well. That is just laziness and waning the people to go byu their standards than to actually do something useful for their users.

Defernder is a great utility. It doesnt just stop spyware, it also can help you find problems, troubleshoot issues with your PC among other things. So this is nothing but a epic fail for both of those companies and just shows how much of a fail it truly is.

I have to agree with why wouldn't they just spend a bit of time making it compatable, I have checked and Norton is also uncompatable with defender. Companys of the scale of Mcafee and Norton have huge resources and it would take no time for them to make it compatable, but my problem is the way they make it difficult to stop the messages. It doesn't stop your pc from running but it is just a pain and all you get when you look for help is being told to uninstall defender which you cant actualy do as its part of the os. There is another way you can stop it but I fogot how to do it but you have to go somewhere and check a few boxes.

I have just had a look on the web and the problem is with MS not Norton or McAfee. They are claiming that MS wont give them the program code so they can make their software compatable so they can get an advantage over them in the security market. Here is the link:

Symantec: Microsoft won't give us key Vista tech - CNET News

The problem is not with Microsoft. The problem is with Norton and McAfee. They want Kernel access. this is what their software is built around. This is exactly what the UAC is designed to stop. Stop giving programs access to the Kernel and causing havoc. Yet Norton and McAfee want it cause their software is built that way and they dont want to change it.

Yet bitDefender, Avast, AVG, Eset among many, many more redid their products to work with the UAC and the technology at hand and they work well. It is Norton and McAfee who got their wish and anytime you have those installed you give hackers and virus makers full access to your OS.

UAC doesnt come into it when the virus is designed to get around something in the program that is setup to protect you which has kernel access. This is why the other anti-viruses on the market are far more useful than both Norton and McAfee. As they dont require this kernel access and leave your system wide open should a virus hit without the proper definitions.

Of course symantec and McAfee are going to blame Microsoft. They dont want to take the hit.

Ballmer: Microsoft helped security partners on Windows Vista ? The Register

As you can see i can find the exact opposite articles showing the fact that they did help. It was just Norton and McAfee who failed. But the truth is what i said above. I did a lot of research back in 2006 when this was about and that is what the findings were.

So okay then but surely ms would defend themselves. But why would norton and mcafee not change their systems if it is better the way avg et al do theirs? What have mc afee and norton got to gain from not changing and why wont they change if it is better?

Edit: I have just read the article and another article from the same page, here is the link:

Symantec: MS Making Vista Insecure | Betanews

Edit: And they said the complete opposite to what MS have said. They said that the security that ms have introduced i.e. the patch does not stop hackers or viruses getting into the kernels but it does stop security firms from getting into the kernels. They said they have already hacked the kernels so if they have then hackers have but if they try to release an update that fixes the problem then ms will release a patch that will blue screen consumers pc that have the security upgrade. so in effect what ms are doing is preventing them from developing secutiry for the os. And what you say that the likes of norton and mcafee will just enable hackers is not true as they can do it anyway but norton and mc afee cant stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom