Application Error ?

Bouncee

Solid State Member
Hello,

Does anyone know what this error means or knows how to fix it ?
QAOM5UM.png

(That's a picture that i found on the net , it's the same error that i have but the numbers are different, so i edited it)
I'm trying to run an old game on my windows XP...

How old of a game is it? Is it a DOS game, or a native Win32 game?

The numbers don't really matter that are in that error - those are just memory locations and will change from system to system, as well as potentially from one attempt at running it to another.

Sorry but i don't know what is a DOS game or a native Win32 , all i know is , it's pretty old ( like 10 years old ? ) and it can't be played in windows 7 or above...do you have any idea what does this error have to do with?

(full game name : Medieval lords : build,expand,defend )

Is this when you're installing the game, or trying to run the game?

Also, there's guides out there from what I saw to get it to work on Win7 and up.

I'm using Windows XP on my laptop , and i was able to install it , but this happens when the game is loading before the main menu...i've tried researching a lot about this here's some hints , maybe it's related to framework or c++ updates? I have all of them though...i also have directx 9 which is the one required to play this game.

Also , i tried Memtest86 and i have no errors in the RAM.

Last edited:
Any reason you're still on XP? XP is deprecated and no longer receives security patches from Microsoft, thus it's an insecure system.

Are you on SP3 for XP?

Yes , i am on SP3...long ago (3 years ?) this game has worked on this computer too...i doubt it has anything to do with the OS cause this game is meant to be played on vista/XP

The patch of the .exe didnt work and the StdMatDX8 file is set originally as .fx only and not .fx.bin so i didnt do anything there...

Also , do you think everything is okay here ? If i have the important updates or not ?
6uIM2Gv.png

Back
Top Bottom