Anyone use Panda av?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
I had some viruses that AVG did not pick up. So I got Panda Ti Ed. antivirus and it got rid of them. I could tell from the start that it was a little bit of a resource hog, but not to bad. But I ran aqaumark to see how much, and I scored about 2500 less!!!!! Ouch! I also can notice it a little in games. Anyone else have this problem with this software? Also, what is a good virus program other than AVG that doesn't add a million processes? Plz help!

having antivirus programs open is always going to slow down your computer, you should only have one running on auto-protect at max
personally I use Norman antivirus, which is the most powerful antivirus program I've used, but surprisingly doesn't use much resources
Norman is designed to run well on Windows 3.1 all the way up to Windows 2003

apokalipse said:
having antivirus programs open is always going to slow down your computer, you should only have one running on auto-protect at max
personally I use Norman antivirus, which is the most powerful antivirus program I've used, but surprisingly doesn't use much resources
Norman is designed to run well on Windows 3.1 all the way up to Windows 2003
Do you mean Norton? If so then yea, its a good product, i would reccomend it over any AV program.

Ya, I have always used Norton untill this summer. But I have had some viruses get by it, even after updating and what not. Panda gets these, but uses an additional 9 processes!!! ARG!. So now I use AVG (using hardly no resources) and use the free a=online panda scan about a once or twice a week.

AVG and stinger with periodic ad-aware scans have been doing the trick for me for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom