Anyone know the legalese of Windows Lisences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinexile

In Runtime
Anyone know if a liscense is for each computer or each installation?

I'm installing VMWare on my computer to have a virtual computer and am wondering if its legal to have the same copy on my real computer as the virtual one?

This is not for personal use so its not a "if they don't know it can't hurt you" situation.

The license is for one copy per computer. Originally you can only activate windows 3 times but just call they're number to have it activated and they could care less.

It is per machine. You are however entitled to install the same copy on one laptop as well. I dont know what VMware is, but it sounds like some kind of maybe an emulator for a Mac or other OS? If so that Mac or other platform would require a unique license from Microsoft as it is a new machine.

VMWare allows you to have multiple Operating systems running on the same hardrive/partition/computer at the same time. It creates a virtual computer that emulates a real computer in just about every aspect that can run inconjunction with the real computer.

Basically we'll be using it so someone can RDP into the virtual computer while someone continues working on the real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom