Anyone know a ISO mounting software that can handle multiple partitions on an external hard drive?

ZachH

Beta member
So ive been using rufus for awhile to mount ISO images to flash drives and i lose the drives or i need to over write them cuz i dont have another one and need something else etc etc and ive gotten tired of it so i had the idea to have my external hard drive (just an old 500GB laptop one in an external casing) partitioned so when i plugged it in youd see this when you plugged it in
F: Storage
D: Portable Software
H: DBAN
K: Ubuntu
Z: Kali
and so on and i could size each partition according to my needs for that specific program so i wouldnt be wasting storage space like using a 8GB flash drive for a 5GB installer ISO would and since rufus cant do this (it formats and uses the whole device as one partition) ive been looking around online for something that can and it seems like most programs have similar issues to rufus the only thing i found was a command in dosbox can do something a little similar but would still get rid of the partitions and just allow me to switch between ISOs with a shortcut which isnt satisfactory and id have to install dosbox on my pc just to do it which i dont want to do unless its gonna fix my problem completely anyone who knows of a program that can do this please help me out it seems to me that it should be entirely possible and actually pretty awesome to have one hard drive that does like 20 different troubleshooting installing backuping things so not sure why i cant find something to do it.
TL;DR
i need a program that can mount ISO images on an external hard drives partitions without formatting the entire drive in the process and do this multiple times with many different partitions

Yes software such as YUMI is less expensive but much more problematic in that only certain ISOs can be added and you need to setup each ISO individually with the setup tool.

With the Zalman, the only thing you need to do is copy the ISO to the drive. Once the ISO is on the drive, it can be selected, mounted and then booted from just as if it was a CD/DVD in an optical drive. I have never encountered an ISO that wouldn't work.

You can setup the Zalman so that it appears as an external HDD or an external ODD or even as both an HDD and ODD at the same time. That means you can also put tools and utilities on the drive that will be available to use for troubleshooting and repair work.

Yes software such as YUMI is less expensive but much more problematic in that only certain ISOs can be added and you need to setup each ISO individually with the setup tool.

With the Zalman, the only thing you need to do is copy the ISO to the drive. Once the ISO is on the drive, it can be selected, mounted and then booted from just as if it was a CD/DVD in an optical drive. I have never encountered an ISO that wouldn't work.

You can setup the Zalman so that it appears as an external HDD or an external ODD or even as both an HDD and ODD at the same time. That means you can also put tools and utilities on the drive that will be available to use for troubleshooting and repair work.
ok thanks for your help ill just put my hard drive in that chassis once i get it

Back
Top Bottom