anyone know about "Intelligent Desktop"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhorse

Beta member
some app that calls itself Intelligent Desktop has installed itself on my PC. am running XP Pro and IE6. does anyone know how i can rid myself of it? doesn't show up on program files or add/remove programs dialog box.

rgds.

does it do anything?

Did you install any 3rd party aps lately? P2P proggys?

Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and see if there's a process running that looks like it would be for that. Write down the .exe and do a find for that file. See where it is stored in your program files.

If it's needed, then keep it. If not, clear it out and do a registry search for those keywords.

it doesnt sound like its needed. probably some spamware that was installed after you installed a shareware program.

go to my computer>> c:>> program files and search for the intelligent desktop program folder. it may be inside a folder of the software developer for example "microsft>> intelligent desktop folder" or you can do a file/ folder search (windows key+F) and "search all files and folder. just type something like "desktop" or "intelligent" as the search keywords.

once you find it's installation folder check for an uninstallion program , it can be named almost anything but usually it has ininst, or uninstall.exe in the name.

there is one last way to get rid of it by deleting the folder contents and edit the installation list in the registry, but if its not doing anything harmful do not do this last step unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom