Any way to recover data lost in a reformat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

Baseband Member
so i re-installed windows, and completely forgot that EVERYTHING in My Documents\My Pictures\My Music would be wiped out... is there any software i can use to recover the data lost in those folders? i think i remember the only way to permanently erase data is to overwrite it 7 times... help please!

There are several software products that can do it for you, but they all cost money. if you are interested in doing it and paying for it, then say so, otherwise...

ok, so i found a few programs like EasyRecovery Professional, SmartUndelete, and GetDataBack, thanks to Rico. now, when i wanna recover the data, it says i can't recover the data to the same partition\drive. how can i make a new partition without reformatting? thanks guys

You can hire people to do this for you. You get professionals in the field of recovering any data erased in any way possible.

No!!! Just buy a second hard drive.....you need it for backup anyway. save the recovered files to that drive for permanent storage!!! 2 hd's is a mandatory requirement for a good system...in my humble opinion! Hiring "profesionals" is a huge waste of money since the softeware you can access and use easily is the same stuff they use!!!!!!! :) I pulled a Homer Simpson and formated the wrong drive this year. I put in a slave hd and then used Get Data Back. Whammmmooooo!! I lost nothing!! Definition of a "Professional" a guy form out of town with a three piece suit and a briefcase! LOL...you are the professional dude, be dependent on yourself first!!!! And come to forums like this and learn new stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom