Any way to get into Vista without the password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chwian

Beta member
So, about a month and a half ago, something was spilled on the keyboard of my laptop, causing it to malfunction. After having all of the hardware inspected and repaired, I got it back only to find that everything was running extremely slowly in normal mode, and that I couldn't connect to the internet, even in safe mode. After a few days' work, I concluded that Vista was corrupted to the point where I was better off getting Windows 7 than trying to fix it.

Now I have Windows 7, but further problems with Vista are making it impossible to 1) get in there and copy my files to disc; and 2) uninstall Vista. Whenever I try to log in, certain keys that make up part of my password produce two bullet points; even after I delete either of the bullet points, it still says my password is wrong. The onscreen keyboard doesn't load (a problem since the initial corruption) and if I try Sticky Keys, nothing gets typed in at all (which may or may not be new).

I'm 99% sure that this is a software problem and not my keyboard malfunctioning again. Either way, is there any way I can get into Vista without typing my password, or fix this problem?

Sorry but there is no way to do what you want within Windows. Since there is no way we can verify that it is your PC, there is no way we can offer any real support. I highly doubt it is a software issue. As the only thing loaded at the time of login is device drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom