Any way to find out what keeps starting a process in task manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have WINWORD.EXE constantly running and getting bigger. I know it start when you copy paste. But, I'm sitting here doing nothing and it's growing. It was at 124k a second ago. I killed it. I've scanned and scanner my comp. I'm clean that I know of. It's got to be some sort of tracking device.

Thanks,
Andy

winword is microsoft word, so scaning your computer isnt going to do anything since its a good program. it will load that process everytime you use outlook or other programs that use word as and editor. 124k is nothing, if it grows to 5000 k thats still really nothing.

That just seems really odd and alot of memory to be using. I know it's an MS program. But, it's never even showed up before or gotten this big.

Well, I killed it 15 min ago and it's back to 35,000 already. I don't understand how all of a sudden one day it shows up as a process and continually grows even though no word program is open. WINWORD should'nt open until you start a new email in outlook or start a copy/paste session. This is acting like somethings logging what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom