Any simple way to automate Windows control panel and other settings? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Any simple way to automate Windows control panel and other settings?

Can anyone please suggest a simple way to automate doing some various basic config in Windows 7 & 10 like:

- set power plan in Power Options (control panel) to High Performance
- set Communications in Sound CP to "Do Nothing"
- set Visual Effects in Performance Options under System to "adjust for best performance"
- set the Time Zone under Date & time
- disable Enhance Pointer Precision under Mouse in Control Panel
- set all three sliders in Keyboard in CPanel to Short/Fast/Fast
- set certain services to Automatic like the SSDP Discovery
- change various new settings in the Windows 10 Settings like disabling Notifications, Game Bar and Focus Assist

Those are examples of some of the CPanel/Settings i need to do on basically every computer i install/reinstall so i would really love a way to "one click" the whole process.

I have tried googling the various related topics but in the vast majority of cases the methods i saw were very complicated and way beyond my knowledge.
I am hoping there is some simplistic GUI tool that can make a batch/script or something similar that doesnt require an advanced knowledge of Powershell or Regedit.

Thank you for reading and helping out.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Any simple way to automate Windows control panel and other settings?

Idk windows 10 but windows 7 most custom slipstream programs do this. I used to use rtlite.