Any Login Program: 99 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianX10

Baseband Member
This just randomly started happening the other day, and I can't seem to figure it out.

Whenever I open MOST programs that use the internet and/or require a login, the program freezes, and that program's CPU usage shoots up to 99. Luckily firefox and virus scanners (with the exception of AvGS which freezes the entire computer) still work. I haven't installed anything new between when it wasn't happening and when it was happening, I've run AvG, Ad-Aware, and Spybot S&D, and I've done a system restore to a week ago (long before it started).

It does it for pretty much any game with a patcher, Xfire, Steam, etc. Anything where it has to log in. And it's strange, for example I can OPEN xfire, I can even click login, but when it gets to the last second before it would switch from
logging in, to showing my friends list is when it decides to freeze.

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Radeon x850PE 256 AGP
1GB PC3200 DDR SDRam
512MB PC2100 DDR SDRam
Service Pack 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Go to the Virus section and run Osiris's Guide to spyware removal. It does sound like you have a keplogger or some spyware that is reporting your information. I would advise to check this out and get it cleared up right away.

Go to the Virus section and run Osiris's Guide to spyware removal. It does sound like you have a keplogger or some spyware that is reporting your information. I would advise to check this out and get it cleared up right away.

I ran every program on Osiris' guide, and to no avail. For the record it does this in Safe Mode as well. . .not sure if that makes any difference. . .

Any other ideas before I bust out the 500gb and reinstall windows?

Sorry but i am out of ideas. This is a strange one. Every app that has internet access freezes? That i do not know what it could be other than spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom