Antivirus software comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 is awsum, I use it at home. Here at work we use McAfee VirusScan 8.0i and boy do I hate it. The thing with McAfee is that it post-notifies you, meaning you have to double click on the virus for it to say "Hey, your opening a virus". Trend pre-notifies you, even before your download screen comes up to ask you to save.

I don't like McAfee either...I use Symantic Corporate (not Norton) because it is free thru my dad. I'm thinking about switching to a free anti-virus. Is there a reason that there are no free anti-virus progs on that list? What is the difference between the free AVG and the Pro version (besides the price obviously).

-Aaron

Personally since I dont trust any single anti-virus program, i just have a bunch of programs to protect against unwanted files...so usually when i notice something wrong in performance or something i just scan my comp with spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG personal edition, and PC-Cillin and usually all of them find something that another didnt, even when all are kept updated. Currently im trying out NOD32 and soon AVG enterprise......so my philosophy when dealing with viruses and adware and such is: You see a bug, get a bazooka

Also, i have McAfee on my comp (installed by a previous owner with a password that i dont know so i cant take it off of super-paranoid mode) and so far its been more of an annoyance than a help....so im thinking of just trashing it....but then again....its on my comp for free so i dont know

it is the trial version now (free for 30 days). it use to be just free until 2-3 months ago. that why I switched to avast. I like avg better though. it uses almost no resources

With this program you can see do you have some malicious process running on your system. It can find it and remove it.

Program is freeware
Download: MalWhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom