Antivirus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVG bar-none best antivirus

I dont use software firewalls so i couldnt answer the 2nd part. :D

nod 32 and Nvidia. it is a hardward software combo.

Zone alarm 6 is good but it makes you check too many unneeded options

Based on reports it is "Kaspersky". Followed by "Nod32" and "Symantec" in a very close second/third - in no particular order.

Avast and AVG have some of the poorest detection ratings of the "top" virus engines. But they are free :).. Avast! is better than AVG IMO. The community is great too.

As for firwall? For a s/w firewall, I'd just stick with Zone Alarm pro. For a free version, Zone Alarm (vanilla) is great. :)

Chankama said:
Based on reports it is "Kaspersky". Followed by "Nod32" and "Symantec" in a very close second/third - in no particular order.

Avast and AVG have some of the poorest detection ratings of the "top" virus engines. But they are free :).. Avast! is better than AVG IMO. The community is great too.

As for firwall? For a s/w firewall, I'd just stick with Zone Alarm pro. For a free version, Zone Alarm (vanilla) is great. :)

that was one report. most reports switch between nod32 and kaspersky (nod32 has posted more number 1's than kaspersky although I judge them to be dead even) and even anvir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom