Antivirus - Kindly help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagukush

Solid State Member
Hi Friends !

I have upgraded my Computer and I really-really want to give it the best protection I can.

I have AVG Free Edition.
Adaware 2007 Pro
Spywareblaster

I'm really not satisfied with the AVG Free and I want something more reliable antivirus. Is Norton 2007 Internet Security good ? I've heard that it slows down the Computer very badly...

1. Please help / guide me on which is a good (the best) Antivirus Software to protect my precious pc ?

2. Can Viruses harm my Hardware aswell ?

Please guide me friends....

Thanks and Regards
Kush

Norton is Horrible.

I am a big fan of kaspersky. Its leightweight (uses less than 25MB RAM) and its protection is very reliable. It is also updated very frequently.

Why are you getting rid of AVG?

Hi there !

No particular reason regarding AVG, I was just told that its not very good and doesnt detect many viruses....

Is AVG good enough then ?

If your prepared to pay, then go Kaspersky.

When you say AVG dosent pick up many viruses, do you mean on a scan, or the real-time resident scanner?

Hi there !

I'm sorry if I sound a little ignorant or foolish, but I dont have a clear idea of what you've asked...

I just need a very good protection for my PC as I dont want my Hardware to be harmed...

kindly help / guide me...

Thanks and Regards
Kush

Okay. Get Zone Alarm. You need a firewall, not just an anti-virus.

Make sure that the only anti-virus stuff running on your PC is AVG and Zone Alarm. More programs running at the same time does not make you more secure. They clash with each other, and may cause your computer to be more weak against attacks.

Though you can run seperate scans with different programs at different times, and that is ok.

I have got Zone Alarm and AVG and my system is rock solid and also fast.

Hi again !

Thank you so much for guiding and helping me here...

Just wanted to ask one more thing - Is Windows Firewall not enough ? Should I go for the Zone alarm ?

Kindly advice....

Just wanted to ask one more thing - Is Windows Firewall not enough ? Should I go for the Zone alarm ?

Windows firewall is nothing. Its basically just a program to make people think their secure, when really there not at all. Zone alarm is much more solid.

As a final check. Go into AVG control center, and make sure that Resident Scanner has a green tick next to it. Then your done.

Windows firewall is nothing. Its basically just a program to make people think their secure, when really there not at all. Zone alarm is much more solid.

As a final check. Go into AVG control center, and make sure that Resident Scanner has a green tick next to it. Then your done.

I checked that and its already ON.

So, do I disable / switch-Off the Windows Firewall and then Install the Zone Alarm ?

And also which Zone Alarm Product should I get and which is the Best ?

Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom