Anti-virus / spyware - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Anti-virus / spyware

Hello all,
I have a couple of questions
I have two programs I can install, however not sure if I should
I have Pc CIllin and spywaredoctor, I need to know whis is the best I can install, I mean I've heard If I have antivirus this slows the processing in your computer.
Which is the best antivirus/anty spyware I can use?
If I have this two programs does one stops the other?

Thank you for your help

Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

PC-cillin is a good program, and its defenitely better than Norton Antivirus, thats for sure. Its not much of a pig on memory.

Spyware Doctor is good, because it picks up spyware while you are surfing and on your hard drive. I like how it blocks certain websites too.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

If you're going to go the free route PC Cillin is fine, I'd recommend installing AVG as well (if it will let you) and maybe Zone Alarm firewall as well. For Spyware, Spywaredoctor is good, I'd get that along with Spywareblaster (launch each time before you surf) and Adaware, then you'll have several layers of protection.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

I'd personally recommend AVG for anti-virus and Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D and MS Defender for spyware cleaning/prevention
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

i use avast! home, it's free and it's way much much better than norton antivirus.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

I use Avast! Home Edition along with Spybot S&D. Links are in my sig.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I use something called HitMan ( the site is in dutch but easy to find download button and the program is in engish. It contains about 7 different spywhere programs as many reports have noted, not 1 program gets rid of all spywhere and you seam to need to use a few different programs. The program uses mouse macros and is best to let it install, and apart from the first timey ou run it where you will need to accept the lisences to the softwear, it runs by it self from pressing start, to when it all finishes.

A brillaint program that I think everyone should use, its just best not to use your PC while its doing it as, as i said, it does move your mouse when 1 proram finishes and another needs to start
Old 05-04-2006, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

I use ClamWin and AVG for anti-virus. They compliment each other as one is an on-access scanner. For spyware I used Spybot and MS anti-spyware.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I find my computer kind of slow, latelly, and read that Ewido was a better a better antivirus how good is that?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

wow. nobody has mentioned nod32, the best one

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread