My anti virus of choice is McAfee as :-
- Takes up too much resourses
- Is the most commonly attacked virus scanner. Like i have seen accross 2 systems where Norton's got some how un-installed.
- I have seen files virus sneak through.
- About the only reason why I can think why I would support VET is that it Australian. So the buck stops here.
- VET anti virus updates are about 24 hours behind McAfee and Nortons
I like McAfee for the following reasons :-
* STINGER.EXE - Much better as it looks and fixes up a wide selection of problematic virus. Unlike the Norton's Virus Removal Tools where it 1 app for a particular virus. I can also target directories or drives with stinger as I have lost count the number of times that Norton's Virus Removal needed to scan some one porn drive with nothing but JPEGs and GIFs (which at this stage do not carry viruses.)
* The website information about virus is really good at it will let you know statics on the viruses on whether or not they are rampent, or if it's just a ilolated insodent. Some time I do feel like I am one of those guys in the BIO SUITS.
I have an actual BIO-HAZARD (no the band) sticker on the PC that we use for cleaning viruses at work
* It's strong, but not as attacked like Nortons.