anti virus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I got the impression my computer was teeming with virii, so i formatted my drive and have installed windows xp again. i was wondering what was the best antivirus i could get. i have got trial versions of norton antivirus 2004 and 2003, should i install them and then subscribe to their services, or go to amazon or someplace and buy a fresh copy with a 12 month license, i am not sure how the system works.

Norton is a resource hog. Your best bet would be to download AVG or Avast like TheMajor said. Perferably Avast. I believe it finds some viruses AVG misses.

-Silent Fear

My friend, try Kaspersky 5 or NOD32 antivirus! They are shareware but they are really very, very good!
I´ve Norton 2003 pro installed but next year I will put one of then!

i installed avast, should i not stick with that, should i go for
kaspersky or NOD32?

do you think kaspersky/NOD32 are better than norton?

some anti-virus's aren't compatible with each other and some work great with each other, i read something like this on the forums so u should search for it but i think it was nortan and avg (not 100% positive though).

There are no such things like the best antivirus or this is better then that! When I said Kaspersky and NOD32 were because they are the most recommended antivirus by some specialized magazines and international computers experts, but your experience should dictate to you what are your´s best antivirus! I recommend you to not use free antivirus because there are not so good like Norton, kaspersky or NOD32. Norton is a very good antivirus but diary new viruses are created and liveupdate works only once a week! NOD32 and Kaspersky have diary updates and take fewer resources to run then Norton products.
Try to read more about NOD 32 and Kaspersky:

NOD32: http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm
Kaspersky: http://www.kaspersky.com/

NEVER USE TOO ANTIVIRUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom