Anti-Virus problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heloyse

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I don't know if I am in the right forum, it is my first time here and I thought that this forum was the closest for what I need to ask...

I have F-Secure Anti-virus on my computer, I've had it for 4 months now, never had a problem with it, recently my video card (GeForce 6600 GT) went dead on me, so I sent it back because my warranty is still active and bought a cheap video card in the meantime, which is the ATI Radeon X300 SE.

Since I installed the new video card and drivers, my CPU usage has been at 100% all the time, and it's F-Secure that is taking 99% of the CPU usage, I went to see if the video card and the F-Secure have compatibility problems, but they don't...

I tried everything I can, I reinstalled F-Secure 5 times, I reinstalled the video drivers 3 times, I unplugged and replugged the video driver, I unplugged the RAM and replugged the RAM...I called my ISP because I got the F-Secure with them when I got my internet and they don't know what might be the problem...

Now having a CPU usage at 100% always is eally annoying, I cant do much on my computer, and I don't want to change the F-Secure until last resort because it is the best protection software I've used in a while...

Another problem also that is happening, is that when I'm playing a game, it is always minimizing every 2 minutes by itself, the same goes for typing, when I type the cursor goes out of the typing box and I have to click on the typing box again to continue...

Here is my system: AMD Athlon 64Bits 3000+, Abit AX8 motherboard, (GeForce 6600 GT: original video card) but now have ATI Radeon X300 SE, 1GB DDR RAM, 160 GB SATA HD, 40 GB HD, Windows XP Home Edition...

Thank you for the help...

What I really want is not to install other antivirus programs, what I need is to fix this problem, I've had this antivirus for over 4 months and this problem never happened before, it only started since I installed the new video card...

have you taken out the vc yet and see if it still happens?
post a screen shot of msconfig>startup

I cannot take out the vc because then I won't be able to plug my monitor, for a very odd reason, I don't have an integrated vc on my motherboard which is an Abit AX8...

But I did try to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, and that didn't help...

I don't know how to take a screenshot of my msconfig/startup...but only 4 programs are on the startup...

CTsysvol, F-Secure, ctfmon and adobe gamma

One more thing, I uninstalled F-Secure and installed Norton antivirus 2005 which I already had before F-Secure and now the CPU usage is back to normal, but if it's possible I would like to be able to go back to F-Secure...

While looking into the section about Norton antivirus, it gave me the system info, and there was something that kind of looked odd...

It was telling me that my total physicall memory is 1047024ko, but only 336264ko available....so I'm telling myself, maybe the problem is from somewhere else, maybe the problem is that something is taking the whole memory and because F-Secure is a bit heavy on the computer then it is taking 100% of my CPU usage, I don't know, it's just an assumption, I'm far from being a computer expert :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom