Anti-Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYcHo_ShiZniT

Solid State Member
Ok, just used PC Restore, aka Symantec Ghost, on my Dell. And now it has McAfee on it, like it was when it came to my doorstep. Now before, I uninstalled it and went straight to Norton SystemWorks cause my dad always used that.

I've had problems with SystemWorks, multiple times.

Now, I need to know what is better in performance, speed, and security for my gaming Dell.

--McAfee Security Center
--Norton SystemWorks
--AntiVirus software from my ISP, Charter.
http://www.charter.net/files/charter/securitysuite/index.php

Before you say AVG, I've had problems with that in the past and I just don't like it.

Thanks!

McAffee and Norton are 2 of the worst. Many people will back me up on this. Avast! is one of the best.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/index

That site can show you the results of any AV. Sign up and check the results youself. I have done some studies and found that Norton and McAffee take up more resources than Avast, AVG NOD32 or many others that i have tried.

Do what Makaveli says ;) he knows these things lol

I was sure i had a virus and none of my AV's picked it up and when Mak said use Avast it found 2 trojan's :eek:

Well I used my ISP's software suite. It's made by F-Secure if that rings any bells. If this doesn't work I'll be sure to keep Avast in mind. Thanks guys!

Go with Avast.. Macfee will greatly slow down your rig... IMO anyway.. depending on what components of macfee you install it can add up to 10 or more processes to your computer. When I installed it i went from 38 processes to 52. I noticed a difference in speed.. espically when booting up and logging into windows.

OK Guys,

you've pursueided me to download Avast again...i had it before on my old PC but it will now be on this one too

ill run avast AND AcAfee through a Virus scan and see if they have the same results or not.

wow, I see a HUGE difference since I removed Norton and then removed McAfee after installing that. Charter takes very little resources and I'm hitting 70 FPS on my ATI x600 which I've never done before. My ping remains incredibly low on all games. If charter fails me, I'll go to Avast! thanks guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom