Anti-Hacking software

Status
Not open for further replies.

icanrace

Baseband Member
I was wondering if there is such a thing. Can you install something like this on your pc to BLOCK ANYONE THAT TRIES to HACK your pc? If so, how is this different than what I firewall does? What is a good program for this? I am confused. LOL, thanks

Simply put... no.

A firewall is "anti-hacking" software. A program like Black Ice serves to deter connections to your PC that you are unaware of (amon many other functions).

But a good hacker can get to anyone if they want to. Best thing to do if it concerns you is educate yourself on the proper use of security.

Best bet, is use a router is you have a broadband connection and use a software firewall behind it, then go to a site for an online security inspection. I am forgetting the websites now but do a google and you will find them, there is a good one based out of Germany that I am blanking on right now.

Nothing will make you hacker proof, you just want to have good enough security that 99% of the scrip kiddies out there can not get in.

if you are running windoze servers, be sure to take a look at urlscan... iislockd and mtaedt... search micro$oft and you are bound to find them..

There is no any software like this....
This is why Microsoft is lunching patches and Fixes every week.
May be you can find the little nice program "TCPView"
It will show you all the connection from and to your PC.

It give you option to END the connection if you think that is not done from you......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom