Anoying program error,driving me mad!! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrs

Baseband Member
i have a querey involving a 'known as' trojan file, but being as you do not promote help with this kind of software, i am just after info on an effect this file is having on my computer..

the file is the well known SUB7.. i want to use it on my brothers computer for, a lil fun..

but once i un-zip the sub7 files, (all virus scanners switched off btw) the text file and DLL file are unzipped fine... but the Server.exe Sub7.exe and editserver.exe are in the folder, but without there proper icons (just a msdos window icon) and if you double click on them, you get the error message :

'windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access the item'

this has been bugging me more and more lately, as im not one to let a computer beet me!! but i can not figure out why i get the message!

i am the only user on the computer, i have all admin rights, and it works fine on every computer i have tryed it on.. just not mine! i used to have XP PRO on my computer and thought it was an internal secruity program stoping it.. so i installed XP Home, it worked on the 1st time i booted up, but then after, i get that message!

does anyone know what causes this to happen? -the programs work fine in safe mode btw!

-and i have checked the DEP program in system properties too.

:mad:!!

Ryan

ok ill give that a wizzz. isit practically the same thing? does anyone know the answer to my above problem tho??

ryanrs said:
ok ill give that a wizzz. isit practically the same thing? does anyone know the answer to my above problem tho??

Dude, sub7 is old. I'm not even sure if it works anymore, plus it's a malicious program, it's a Trojan horse. TightVNC isn't consider malicious but it uses the same concept as a Trojan horse and that's remote control, remote access, however at least TightVNC is well programmed and doesn't expose much of a security risk as sub7 which is intended for another purpose.

I know how it HAPPENED. When you first run an EXE program that has not been installed with an installer, you get a pop-up asking if you really want to run such a potentially dangerous nasty infected code.

I must have screwed up and said no, because even re-installing or changing my sign on doesn't help now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom