another useless question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
here we go:
safe mode, what is it?
i know it doesn't start applications when u boot in safe mode. i also know that it allows you to delete files with ease but what else?

it only loads the files/services that windows needs to run

if you can't get into safe mode, you should prolly reinstall windows.

oh i can access safe mode fine now... i was just wondering
is there anything else..?

I think its most useful for when you make a change to your installation, whether it be hardware or software, and the installation is no longer able to start, you have a way back in to change things back.

safe mode just loads the main core windows files and nothing else. that is why it doesnt allow you to do some things in safe mode.

NO question is useless. However, the google definition of safe mode is the following:

Safe Mode - A temporary method of running Windows using the absolute minimum in resources. In the event of a hardware failure or malfunction, it can become necessary to run the operating system in the Safe Mode. In safe mode, it is sometimes possible to back up files and otherwise rescue data that is subject to loss due to eminent hardware failure. Windows is often able to alert the user to such problems before they actually occur. It would be wise to print out the instructions for Safe Mode operation prior to needing them. To do so, go to Start, Help, type "Safe Mode" into the keyword prompt box, click on Display and print the instructions for safekeeping.

-SkyHi

hmhm...when you're in safe mode, you're not supposed to do anything fast...cauze it's just like windows, if you try to open anything that windows doesn't need, it might blow up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom