another dumb newbie mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc102968

In Runtime
i thought i had everything that was xp64 compatable but apperently not how can i un-install it? i tried putting in old xp disk but wont let me load?

What do you mean "won't let you load"?

Do you mean you put the disc in and restart the machine but it won't boot from the CD?

If so, you need to go into your BIOS and change the boot list so that it boots from CD first, then hard drive second. That should let you reinstall XP.

ty so much you all re why i build my own knowing the support i have makes the chances worth while so i guess the 4 gigs of ram are no good then?
thank-you so much though

ty so much you all re why i build my own knowing the support i have makes the chances worth while so i guess the 4 gigs of ram are no good then?
thank-you so much though

Well you could always upgrade to Vista 64 instead, it's far less buggy than XP 64 is, although i'd also recommend you upgrade your graphics card as well if the one in your sig is still valid. Apart from that I think everything else should be compatible with Vista 64.

thats the old comp new one is
msi p45 neo motherboard
4gb ram
xfx 8800gt video
intel quad 6600 kentsfield?

all is working with xp including 4gb are reconized in cpuid

thanks again tom

If you dont have drivers for XP X64 you wont be able to run Vista 64. But you can check to see if you have the drivers.

There is no way to downgrade from XP X64 to XP 32 Bit. You will have to insert the XP CD and format and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom