annoying hiccup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
hey guys recently i've been having this new problem. whenever im opening up new programs browsing the internet etc, my computer freezes. its not quite a total freeze its just this weird hiccup. Like for instance rite now i was going through the internet and it happend again. i couldnt click my start icon or click on any of the butons on firefox but i could still scroll up and down the webpage. And when i press cntrl+alt+del and "cancel" it (without going to taskmanager) . the whole thing goes back to normal?. is there anyway i can fix this?

Well yeah i have a few ideas.

Like what are your specs? What have you recently installed? Is everything you installed rated to run correctly in Vista? Are you up to date with SP2 and all updates? Have you got the latest version of Firefox?

Just saying it hiccups doesnt tell us anything we need more info!

windows vista home basic
acer aspire 5573zwxmi
dual core t2080 1.73GHZ
1GB ddr2
media acclerator 950

reinstalled windows vista yesterday, and im running vista compatible programs. And yes latest firefox also.

Well i can see what it is right now. Vista is a Memory hog. Anyone will tell you that. Running Vista Home (Premium?) on a system with 1GB of RAM will experience short busts of freezing from time to time when it is trying to access the system files and perform actions.

The only known fix. Get more RAM.

hmmm yeah i know that, but the thing is it didnt do this before?...:confused:..might have to get more ram then:freak:

Maybe increase your pagefile size, defrag, unload some TSR's, eliminate some unneeded services, turn off the pretties.

Just like Mr.Coffee said. It could be that you have more programs set to load at boot now, Could be your running more now. Could be that you have more resource intensive programs now.

Start eliminating some stuff. Turn off Aero. Dont run music while your doing everything.

That is the only real solution till you up your RAM amount.

lol..ok ok. to clear things off a bit more. pretties are off, running classic theme (as i do always ), services are at the minimum. zonealarm is the only startup. ran regmech, spybot,defrags etc. but still it continues. this didnt happen before under these same settings. and i dont have any resouce intensive programs. and no music... Just msn zonealarm and FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom