analyze these logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersspot.com

Baseband Member
this was too long for this forum so I set them up on my website.

The text that you have entered is too long (408501 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

http://www.cybersspot.com/Jose%20Logs.txt

Let me know what you need me to do

Misc info, it doesn't matter what browser I use.

I think the name of the computer I'm working on is SpywareMalwareCrapwareNusanceware . . . 'Ware Central'.

Update, I ran spybot search and destroy and it found 109 entries. I still couldn't access any website, so I started spyhunter and it's finding plenty as well. What other programs are out there that target SpywareMalwareCrapwareNusanceware?

I realize I have posted this in the wrong forum, I will be moving it over to viruses spyware and malware

Please make sure to read the rules. 4 posts within 24 hours when you can edit is not something we tolerate.

The edit window for member posts is 24 hours, so any post within this time frame should be edited into the earlier post.

If you dont know how to use the Edit Feature it is shown with images in our Welcome Thread.

Plus what logs are these? I will not go to anyones personal website to download this information. Sorry but i dont know you or your website. It is an untrusted site for me so i will not download something from there unless i specifically ask for it. Just how it is sorry. I wouldnt expect you to go to my site and download something without you first asking. Dont expect us to just do it. We dont know nothing about you or your site. So you will have to split the logs up into multiple posts. Cause we will not be downloading it.

Plus try to give some info. Why are you uploading these logs? What does the Misc info mean? What browser you use for what? If you talking about posting the logs, your right. That limit is set by our site for the character limit and no browser can bypass it. If your talking about something else than what? I dont know what you mean by that statement.

What does the computer your working on have to do with anything? Does this have to do with your business and your site?

ok, I'm sorry, I reposted this in the correct forum under malware, spyware and viruses.

I am defiantly going to look over how to edit posts.

These logs are of a customer's laptop that has specific websites blocked, google, yahoo search, bing and a few others. the list of websites I can't access is in combofix's log but combofix gave me an error during the scan also in my repost in the correct section.

Everything is reposted at http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/analyze-please-243010/ with my second scan posted (in forum).

I guess I wasn't thinking with linking right to my business website. It's just a place where I can upload anything. With my personal computer, I will go to any website anywhere. I just reimage the drive if there are any problems, this is why it didn't occur to me that other people might not surf like I do.

'That limit is set by our site for the character limit and no browser can bypass it.' that was the message I got when I tried to post my first logs on tech-forums. After I ran mbam, combofix and hijack this a second time, the logs became much shorter to where they fit in the forum.

Again sorry about my poor communication, I'll work on that.

Dave

I mean this in the nicest way possible. You really need to find someone for your staff to do this for you. You are coming by here openly admitting that your exploiting our free service so you can benefit from it with out us getting anything from it. While we are here to help, why should we offer our assistance when it is your job to do these things? If you dont know how, you should not have accepted the job.

We are not your free labor that knows this stuff and does your work for you. We are people who are here voluntarily to help others. I have yet to see you contribute to this site. You only stop by when you need something and expect us to do everything for you and give you all the answers so you can get paid for our work and expertise.

Since you openly admit it is for a customers PC, then advise them to come to our site and register. We can help them directly. No need for us to assist them through you. If you dont like that aspect, then pay those who are doing the work commission for the work they do. Since you are not the one doing the work but getting all the rewards for it this seems completely fair. In the end the customer gets help and the people who do the work get the credit and the reward.

Sorry but i can not knowingly do something that is your job. I wont look over those logs. It is not our responsibility to do what you are being paid to do.

No you dont put a note of a reward cause our site is setup so that only those who know are the ones who do the log reading. Our Spyware area is not setup so that just anyone can read and analyze logs. We have it setup so that those who know how to effectively clean the system are the ones reading the logs so that there is little to no damage done to the users system. If anyone is allowed to read the logs there is no saying what kind of damage could be done. It would be just like you reading the logs and telling others how to fix it when you dont know how. We are not going to let money influence people to give bad advice.

The simple solution is to get someone on your staff that can do this. I already stated that it wont be done here. Sorry but it isnt fair to the rest of the site when there is only 3 people on site that we have qualified to read logs. That isnt fair for the rest of the members that they have no chance to get the benefits.

If you dont know yourself, take steps to learn. It isnt an easy process, it takes well over a year to get properly trained and the training is ongoing. I feel bad that the customer has to suffer, but in the end you should not have taken on a job that you dont know how to do. It is your job to know and do these things.

That is just the way it has to be. I have already stated all of our reasons behind this. You are exploiting our service for commercial gain on every opportunity. It isnt going to be allowed. We are a volunteer site and we do this cause we love it. But at the same time we are not going to let our kindness be exploited so you can get paid.

Topic Closed.

Any topic started like this will be closed instantly. We will help you learn and guide you, we will NOT do your work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom