An amazing way to say hi and intoduce myself to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgid31

Beta member
Hello People; this is a weird way to say hi, but... Hi and how are you.

Heres my problem, i had just done a reformat and installed all updated up to windows sp2. I dont have an origional version, this came with the pc i had recently purchaced it used. I was wondering on what steps to take to speed up my pc due to a very poorly slow pc.... it is a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8 gig 736 MB of RAM.. If this helps you, It took me approx 45-50 mins to get on this site, my browser is very slow, Is it i bios problem? can the settings be tweaked, (im also very new @ PC`s and im not familliar with the tems) in the pc world. Ive also done a scan disk and defrag.

Any help would be very appreciated... Thanx again people, I`ll keep looking at post reply`s to confirm my steps to take in resolving this problem:classic:

More updates popped up, I`ll keep at it and see what happens, if all updates are complete,,, will this resolve my problem?

Try turning off Automatic Updates and disabling any anti virus software. Check your processes in your task manager and see what is eating up all the CPU time and then google the .exe to see if anybody else is having the same problem as you.

Have you installed your drivers? Your mobo has several drivers that it needs, as well as your graphics card (if you have one).

If automatic updates is downloading a bunch of stuff, it will slow your connection dramatically. Stop auto update and see if it helps.
Thanks. Trotter had to get the thing uploaded for me.

done that and is still sluggish, driver updates as well, i was just wondering if there is an all in one pc scanner that may find out whats wrong, if i have to purchase it i will, i just need one program if its out there that is very good and will fix everything. sorry the posts take so long, Pc`s arent my subject. lol

Thanks again

witht that hardware and XP it should run fine, my only guess would be drivers or your CPU+RAM's speeds, download CPU-z and screenshot the CPU and MEMORY tab and post it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom