Am I stuck with this FOREVER? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2004, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Am I stuck with this FOREVER?

Ok guys so I reformatted my sister's comp, and I get this message in the start to pick between windows 98 and windows 2k setup.

Now, how I got this message;
I had 98 on that comp, wanted to upgrade so I pop up in my 2k cd, but unfortunately my 2k cd was too scratched up and got stuck in the middle of the setup. So when I restarted I got this message every time. Being the smartass I am, I decided to delete the whole windows NT folder to make that message go away, but didnt work. Oh well atleast I got 98 still on the comp.

So any way to NOt get this message in the restart tech gurus?

Old 06-25-2004, 04:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

oh thanks for replying even though its been long. Where is this ini file on C:? what's it calleD?

Old 06-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

he just told u...boot.ini! try your convenient search/find files/folders thing that microsoft just came out with....
Old 06-25-2004, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

you also need to go to Tools->Folder Options and on the View tab uncheck Hide Operating System Files (Recommended) otherwise you won't be able to find the file.

or if you have Windows 98 like you say, go to Start->Run and type msconfig and then click the boot.ini tab and edit it there.
Closed Thread