Am i doing something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn

Baseband Member
well last night i got up and downloaded a new video driver for the nividia 5600 yet the new driver, well crapped my pc even more, firt of it is not recognized in my system and when i do a windows update it says i need to downloada new driver , an old one for that matter, but i already have a newer one ,also my farcry game is now crappy since all i see is a blue enviromental fog...if anyone knows what can be done to help plz tell me also is this the correct way to uninstal a driver....go to the control pannel locate the old version of the driver which in my case is thew nvidia vid driver and restart the pc then instal the new one.......i am only asking this since i get the feeling i have to leave the old one and instal the new one

i suggest you go back to the old driver. if you hve XP, you can rollback to the previous driver but you said you uninstallled it? either ay go back to the old one. the only time you'll need to update a driver is if you're having problems with the current one.

no it's not. you can keep the saame drivers for your video card if they're working for you. the only times i can think of that you need to update drivers are:

1.Problems with hardware or software related to hardware
2.Change of hardware
3.Change of OS

so if i updated a windows programme or upgradded my direct x to 9.0c i shuold change it

generally no. only if you have problems after installing and you narrow it down to your card's drivers being outdate after troubleshooting.

so if i updated a windows programme or upgradded my direct x to 9.0c i should change it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom