Alt-Tab Not working anymore! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Alt-Tab Not working anymore!

I'm running Windows XP Professional. Somehow, it seems in the past three days my "Alt-Tab" functionality has went down the toilet. To get it to work, I have to push Control and the Start button beforehand, and it's rare that it even works then. I've been running this build for four months. There have been on software changes in the past month excluding the installation of the new Trillian 3.1 over Trillian 3.0 about three days ago. I checked through its settings and can't see why it would cause the problem. I also checked all of the processes in Task Manager and they all check out as safe and required according to Google websites. Please, if you have any idea, I'm addicted to ALT-TAB as I use it all of the time on Linux, and without it I'm lost. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Try this:

Old 03-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I installed that, and as long as Trillian 3.1 isnt running, ALT-TAB works ok, so obviously it's a setting within Trillian 3.1 that must be disabling it, or so I would assume. HMMM!!!

Also, curious about this patch exe...What's up with when I now ALT-TAB I see a preview of what I'm switching to when I used not to? Nothing wrong with it, I think I actually like it better, but all the same....interesting.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

did you switch keyboard or restart your computer?
Closed Thread