all svchost.exe's, etc, say "Not Available" in System Info, WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
First, backstory:

i let in some viruses in while installing the latest Creative Labs driver months ago, they haywired my system!

ok so i lost count on how many times ive reinstalled Vista Ultimate on this computer, but everytime i get to desktop n open up programs or using just about anything, at some point those programs or applications stop responding n say "Blah, blah, blah has stopped working". This happens to everything n i mean everything like the Sidebar, which im not messing with stops working all of the sudden, Windows Explorer stops working all of the sudden. THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD!!!

i went through tech support from Microsoft, but problem didnt get resolved. Havent talked to tech support yet from Seagate to get my HDD exchanged, if anyway supported by the warranty.

Now to a problem ive found so far:

i checked System Info to see if everything is working n this is what i find:
*all svghost.exe - Not Avaliable
* audiodg.exe - " "
* csrss.exe - " "
* dfrgui.exe - " "
* dllhost.exe - " "
* Isass.exe - " "
* Ism.exe - " "
* searchindexer.exe - " "
* services.exe - " "
* slsvc.exe - " "
* smss.exe - " "
* spoolsv.exe - " "
* system - " "
* system idle processing - " "
* taskeng.exe - " "
* wininit.exe - " "
* winlogon.exe - " "
* winsat.exe - " "
* wmiprvse.exe - " "
* wudfhost.exe - " "

keep in mind, these dont show in task manager either! I will try restarting the computer after i install updates of Vista.

faulty HDD?

Okay so what are you saying? These are the items that have failed? How up to date is it? Are you running SP1?

Okay so what are you saying? These are the items that have failed? How up to date is it? Are you running SP1?

Yes. These seems to be what has failed n is not........up n running is the best way i can say. I'm updating again up to SP1 but seriously though, it's not gonna make a difference because last time i installed all updates, even SP1, the problems still occured.

to make sense, lets say u were waiting for Internet Explorer to load up a page. The page is taking too long to load u decide to press close or "X" n IE turns whitish (only in Vista), top left of IE, the name of the page ur trying to access says "(Not Responding) n a message box comes up n says "IE has stopped working....". OK........ur options r to close the program or wait for the program to finish.

^^^that is what shows up on everything that is operationing, "Sidebar has stopped working," Kaspersky has stopped working," "Internet Explorer " " " ," etc, etc, etc, etc. This happens when such programs r in use or not, it just happens idk y but just trust me on this.

You got bad sectors on the hard drive. Vista did not install correctly.

Format the drive iwth GParted, DBan or something like that. then reinstall Vista.

You got bad sectors on the hard drive. Vista did not install correctly.

Format the drive iwth GParted, DBan or something like that. then reinstall Vista.

ya ya let me uncover that GParted advice months back, it has that link u gave me. I have a CD right here to burn it on. Doing it right now.

Sadly this is a downside to Vista. It only has a quick format option which at times does not cut it. So you have to use a 3rd party tool to get a real format.

After that reinstall Vista and you should be good to go.

Sadly this is a downside to Vista. It only has a quick format option which at times does not cut it. So you have to use a 3rd party tool to get a real format.

After that reinstall Vista and you should be good to go.

ya i know. I just tried using GParted on the CD, like load drivers but nothing showed up, n i already formated again my HDD so whoops! My bad! I should of double-checked to see if the CD still had the data on it.

i got a new SATA DVD-ROM drive n it work soooooo much faster then my IDE DVD drive i sold in my last garage sale. Reinstalling Vista is a piece of cake for me now, thank god!

EDIT:

when do i use GParted? Boot from CD drive first? Because that didnt work, i even pressed F6 too. How do i use it exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom