All the sudden cant boot

iamloco724

In Runtime
I use a monitor switch between 2 pc's I went to switch to my windows 10 pc and it was suddenly on a welcome screen just hanging not responsive at all, I had to force a shutdown with the power button I booted back up and couldnt get to the windows loading screen just a black screen with a blinking dash, I tried to put in a flash drive that has Windows 10 on it so I could try a repair and couldn't get that to load and now I just get a black screen no bios no nothing can't access the bios or boot menu.

I switched the cmos jumper, unplugged power cord, switched off power even took out the cmos battery waited over ten minutes figuring a reset of the bios to default might help and nothing. Still same problem not sure what to do or try, this is all very sudden and I have had no issues with the pc up until this point.

Last edited:
If you're not getting the BIOS screen at all, it sounds like it is probably a motherboard issue. What is your motherboard manufacturer?

I know someone who just recently tried to update their BIOS and he ended up corrupting it, because of a bad file and was unable to re-flash it. He had to send it ASUS for an RMA. He was experiencing the same behavior with the just the flashing cursor and nothing else. He also tried all the same steps you did with no luck. Have you tried re-flashing the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom