All games Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok here i am, playing CS:S and then it shows this error Message:
"The instruction at 0x10193e2c referenced memory at 0x0e04a1a0. The memory could not be read Click ok to terminate the program"

After that any game, and any application that uses a heavy amount of resources crashes.. and after i restart the comptuer, it works fine

WHAT IS THIS!!?!?!

It happens almost once a week but its ****ing me off, cause my computer takes a while to start up w/ all the applications i have installed

I also tried this memory error dectection thing in VISTA RC2 and it said there was something wrong with my memory, but all it told me was to check with my hardware manufacturer :(

Is this my memory? My OS has an error? My Cpu?

If that program you ran is close in reliability to memtest86. Than it is a memory error. In which case you should run memtest86 to CONFIRM this result. If many errors arise after 6 or more hours of runninng. Than it is time for new memory.

Other possibilities include: Bad power supply, Test with a DMM, Voltage Rails and Amperage: Trojans or bad soyware, Go through warezs spyware guide. Or Currupt Game exe or bad patch or bad Driver.
Reinstall game/Update patch/ Uninstall Video Driver then install new est one.

ehh.. its a little more complicated, pretty much everything that uses graphics heavily (games) and things that use alot of sound (music) crash right after i start them. Not saying that the problem relys on the Sound Card or my Graphics card

Ive done the following:
Used different Forceware drivers and even tried some modded ones
Scanned all 3 harddrives twice with Norton and Mcafee Viruscans
Defraged Computer
Tried different Xfi Drivers

Pretty soon ill see if the problem relys in the OS, I currently have vista Rc2 and ill use it more often to see if the problem persists their too.

I currently dont have a floppy drive, so until i buy one i wont be able to run mem test

well, i did some extensive work and it seems the problem exisits for both Vista and XP.. I also figured out that memtest also works with a cd, so i booted to that and ran it

Memtest showed two errors @ 516.1mb + 516.2mb on the stick... so one of my sticks are faulty..

So as of now i currently have 512 mb of onboard ram because i had to take the other one out

Gaming is practically impossible w/ this so ill be getting more to boost it back up to 1gb very very soon.

Im just glad that the problem relied in something fairly cheap and replacable. Something like a video card would devestate me.

Anyways thanks for the help ;)

Its very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom