alcohol120

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
alright i put another hdd in today (primary slave) and i lost my emulated dvd drive that i got from alcohol. i did a repair installation of alcohol, that did nothing, in virtual drives when i try to change it from 0 to 1 and press ok i get this error, "set device map failed! Error ID 3 Message: invalid device number specified. " ive had this installed for so long i dont even remember how i made a virtual drive with it and the help manual sucks horrible. i dont think i even had to do it, i think it made the virtual drive for me during installation. so anybody have any idea what to do. i have some movies that will only play on a virtual drive cuz they are bin and cue files and are too big to burn to a disc. i really need it back.
thx neversleeps
by the way the new hdd took the letter of the emulated drive if it matters which was g:

update: tried uninstalling and reinstalling alcohol. it unistalled nicely and then fatally errored during reinstall so i dont even have it nemore, is this because i have 4 ide devices installed now and windows knos u can only have 4 or what. it will let u emulate up to 31 virtual drives so what is goin on?

Im not sure whats wrong. You can try using a different program to see if that one works. Nero 6 Ultra Edition has a program for emulating CD/DVD drives. You can download the demo from nero.com .

ya i forgot nero had that in it too and i just happen to have it. so did that everything is working beautifully now. thanks for refreshing my memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom